Hi guys,
Today....I will bring you to visit my home....err..my second home actually (it's my husband's hometown). I discovered this beautiful place about 4 years ago when my husband brought me back for the first time to introduce me to his family. The first words that came to my mind as I have the glimpse of this place was ..Cold Mountain (a name of one of my favorite movie). I was straight away fell in love with this place despite the long, hard and seems like a never ending journey. Never mind the pain of the rough road.....It's worth it!!!
This place is called 'Kampung Nupakan, Kaingaran' (Nupakan Village, Kaingaran) and it is situated in the district of Tambunan in Sabah, Malaysia. It is a very remote place that it will took about more than 1 hour 20km journey by rough and hilly road from the town of Tambunan. This place is also situated in the range of Mount Trus Madi, the second highest mountain in this state. So, it's explain the undulating mountain view, the coldness, the mist and all preserve beauty of the nature. Personally, I always dream to have a place just like this to call home. I always love misty and cold place. I never imagine God will grant it to me through the package of the life partner He has provided for me? I have to say...I am indeed blessed abundantly. Thank God for that.
I won't explain more. Let the picture tell the story. So guys...presenting you...MY COLD MOUNTAIN!
 |
| The Landscape Of Kampung Nupakan, Kaingaran. |
 |
| A Mountain Range View From My In-Laws Orchard |
 |
| Rainy Afternoon |
 |
| Misty Landscape At Dusk (A view I behold while taking bath, outdoor. It explain why I always take a long time to bath). |
|
 |
| Misty Landscape On Early Morning |
The Cold Kaingaran River
 |
| Pampering Myself With the Clear Water of Kaingaran River |
 |
| A Village Boy Enjoying Himself at the Kaingaran River |
 |
| My Mother In-LawWhite Roses |
 |
| Another Rose |
 |
| White Rose On A Mountain?? |
Just for your information, all these pictures were taken in a few different occasion and none of it has been edited or 'photoshoped'. It is as original as what I have in my humble camera.
So, I hope you enjoy the visit to my hometown. I see you in my next post.
Until later!
wow Christine..the river was so clear..it brings back memories when I was still living in my hometown..I am living in the city but we pass by those terrains when we wanted to go down to my Grandpa's province..love those pix Christine :)
ReplyDeleteWow... It must be peaceful and quiet there. Suitable for a holiday gateaway...
ReplyDeleteYes Sie, the river is indeed so clear and so cold. I love pampering my self in that river every time we go back there. My husband know this. The funny thing is, my husband and most of my in laws whom has been living there their whole life, cannot stand the coldness of that river. But I(technically the outsider) can stay for quite a long time in that river. Well, maybe because I don't find this in my own hometown.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou are right Zura. It's peaceful and quiet there. Life seems moves slower there. No rush..no hectic. So serene. So, yes it's suitable for holiday getaway..but..only if you can deal with some of the local people culture.
ReplyDeletePeaceful. Great way to reflect on His blessings upon us.
ReplyDeleteThanks Veey. That's what I am trying to convey here. Gratitude of His great blessings.
ReplyDeleteThe view is breathtaking...
ReplyDeleteI love nature trips...
my love used to tell me that he grew up in Sabah...so this post makes me wonder more about him (chuckles*) thank you for sharing! ^_^
Thanks cLai. I hope it's a good thing that a post of mind reminded you of him. :)
ReplyDelete