Wednesday, 23 October 2013

The Old Path

Image Source :www.lovethesepics.com
The Old Path


I dream of walking back the old path, dear
Humming softly along the road
Inhale the scent of the dewy air
To feel it’s droplets on my long hair
In the tranquil of misty morning
And there you stood
At the end of the road
Amidst the flying dragonfly
Through the haze of the first light

I dream of walking back the old path, dear
I dream of an enchanted evening
Standing next to you in the shade of the weeping moss
Lose in the touch of the gentle wind
As we cherished the petals of dreams
Spread in the air
And fall softly all around us

I long to walk back the old path, dear
The colorful path we once walk together
Reaching out for the bliss of yesterday
A life…a million miles away from today
To stay a little while
Wishing for your smile
But dear, the path is no more there
Our story  was a bygone memory
What’s left… is silence and  gray

~Christine~
~24th October 2013~
~Labuan Island~

4 comments:

  1. Most paths, no matter how bitter when we were actually there back then, are deeply missed, and remembered. Sad, time is a always a one way ticket, forward, never back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe...yup. I couldn't agree more. Just channeling out my thoughts...when I have no one to talk. Kind feeling lonely lately.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete