Do you notice spider webs on my
blog? Hehehe.
Motherhood is not easy! Whoooaaa…what a bold introduction. Hahaha. But, I think anyone who has gone
through the experience of being a mother knows what I mean…and perhaps agree
with me.
Every morning I woke up by the sound of my
baby’s sound. Either he is crying,
giggling or simply a calm ‘aaahhh ooohh’ing (the only sound/words he knows
now). Then my daily routine began. I will play with him for a while before
preparing breakfast (a fast one) for my husband and me. Then, after my husband bath him, I ‘groom’
him for the day and then feed him.
Sometimes he fell asleep straight away, but most of the time he needs a
good cuddle and my silly lullaby to sleep.
Then after taking breakfast with
my husband and he go to work, I try to do all the house chores. House cleaning, laundry, cooking for lunch
and all that I have to do fast and quietly.
If I am lucky and he is in a good ‘mood’, I will be able to complete all
the house chores before he woke up.
Or..there are times he being a sweet baby, that even though he is awake,
he will let me do the house chores without crying for attention. If it’s the other way round, all the house
chores have to wait till evening…night..or the day after.
The only time he will let me rest
is night time. He is a sound sleeper at
night provided he is in his regular mood.
After feeding him at 7 or 8pm, he usually will sleep until
midnight. Wake up for feeding, and after
a short lullaby he will sleep soundly till dawn. So, the only time I have for myself is from
dusk to midnight. That is the only time
I could do what I like. But by that time,
I would be so exhausted and just capable of watching tv, or facebooking..or simply
take time to sleep. After all, his mood
is unpredictable. He might be a sound sleeper from dusk to midnight…but wide
awake and crying for attention at midnight to dawn. There is no way I could
predict.
It’s been 3 months since the
first time I heard his first cry. And
since then, my world spins around him.
He demanded all my attention, ….my time…my rest..my sleep and my love of
course. There are times, I really miss the things that I love to do
before. Books, poetry, photoshop..baking
and so on. But, I really has no time for
all that now. I don’t even have much
time for blogging anymore. That explains ‘spider web’ on my blog. I wonder how,
some of the friends I know..a wife and a mother, still could finish reading a
few story book in a month. Whoever you
are, if you fit the description above….You really amazed me!
Sounds like complaining am
I? Well…I am not! I am just trying to
share how being a mother changed my routine, my life and also…some of my inner
strength. My baby considered a not fussy
one (compare to some I know). But fussy or not, they still trying our patient
and suck up our energy. There are times
I feel so tired and stressful…and I feel like I could not take it anymore. But, when I look at his innocent face..my
heart fills with love and that love alone push me beyond my limit of my
strength and my capability to ease whatever that make him cry and give him all
the love I could give in this world.
Motherhood is 24/7 job. No matter how tiring and challenging it
is…there is no such thing as OFF DAY from being a mother. We might not being paid financially for that
responsibility…but it’s ok. A new
lullaby that been created naturally, being able to stop him cry and to stand
the pain of back and arms in order to comfort him are a great achievement. And
how about each milestone of development he shows and the smile that brightened
your universe? Aren’t it the sweet reward
for an exhausted mother? So, I tell
myself…hang on there and don’t give up.
One day you will be rewarded by his hugs, gratitude and unconditional
love…hopefully. So..to all mothers out
there who has the same struggle like me in the past…this moment or in the
future…..Big Applause and Cheerssssss to you!
Let me share some of the latest
picture of my baby. He is 3 months plus
now and weigh about 5kg++.
Hehehe...the opening line is so cool!!
ReplyDeleteI know you're very busy after joining Mothers' Club. So, that's what it's all about. Attending to the little one who brings so much joy and happiness apart from binding close the hearts of his mom and dad.
I'm glad to see you with your cute baby. The happiness can be seen on your face. He looks so wonderful knowing well the right pose for his mom's blog. Please, kiss him for me. :)
Embrace the moments mommy... hehe
ReplyDeleteI have nominated you for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award!
http://azurachan.wordpress.com/2012/09/20/wonderful-team-member-readership-award/
Thank you Balqis. Yes..I guess posing for camera is the only thing he got from me since many people said he got his look all from his dad. hehehe.
ReplyDeleteThanks Zura...I am trying my best to cherish every moment. After all...time flies right? And thanks for the Award...will get back to it...soon..hopefully. Huhuhu
ReplyDeleteChris, when I was just like you, a new mom of 3 months...life was chaotic, enough to throw me off balance. And yes, my world revolved around her, only. Only after few months more, you'll get used to the routine, and able to get hold of things you might think slipped off your hands. You'll be able to do things you love, with a huge plus, your cute boy will be with you....adding to your inspiration.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement Veey. Yes, looking forward for that day..but for sure...when the day has come, I am gonna miss the 3 months him...just the way I miss the 1 day him now. Time flies!!!
ReplyDeleteBy the way...I am currently in KK now...just informing.