The sudden emptiness and silence I feel in this house after
my sister and niece 3 days visit urge me to write about this post. They just left yesterday and I miss them so
much already.
One of the greatest blessings in my life is my family. I have a big and loving family and being the
youngest is a bonus. And I am also
blessed with many beautiful and kind nieces and nephews. They used to be very small and I still
remember holding them in my arms as a baby and now they have grown up and
eventually become my friend. Ohhh how
time flies!
My sisters…though we have a big age gap between us, are the
closest to me. We used to do fun and
sometimes crazy things together and even after I got married we still do things
together whenever we have a chance. Shopping, beauty pampering, dining out,
travelling … you named it. And after my
mom died, they have become a mother to me.
That is why, when I got
pregnant.. I turned to them for advice and plans about pregnancy, delivery as
well as confinement period. Well, my
sister is not an expert about all those things…but she is an expert in finding
solutions or someone to do the task.
Myself on the other hand trust her with all my heart.
My sweet nieces...cute babies they were, I didn’t realize
that they have grown up until 2 weeks before I was scheduled to do the
C-Section delivery. I still remember….I
have to ask my husband to send me earlier to Kota Kinabalu after feeling pains
here and there in my body. I was afraid
that I will go on labor much more earlier than the scheduled C-Section by my
gynecologist. The idea of delivering my
baby here in Labuan without my family and my trusted gynecologist terrified me
so much. The thing is when we reached my
big brother’s house in Kota Kinabalu, he and his wife are leaving to my
hometown in Sandakan for a few days. And
my husband also had to go back to Labuan to work. That means only my 3 young nieces and me at
home. I tried to show that I am not worried to my brother and also my
nieces. But deep down inside…only God
knows how worried I was. I keep on
thinking, what am I going to do if suddenly I go on labor and only my young
nieces are with me. In other words…I was
not confident that I can count on my nieces.
Well…all I can say is how amazed I am of all my 3 young
nieces. Even though they were busy with
their classes and sports( two of them are university students and the youngest
is in form 4 who was very active in badminton), I never felt alone at home. They will call me almost every passing hour
to ask if I am okay. They will make sure
I have something to eat. And they will
drive me to hospital for review or to anywhere I need to go. In other words….they were always there for
me. It doesn’t prove that I can count on
them if I suddenly go on labor but…it proves something to me…my nieces are a
wonderful grown women now and I can count on them about other things.
A few days before the scheduled C-Section operation and my
husband still in Labuan, as always my ‘fun’ sisters took a chance to have some
fun with me. They steal me from our big
brother’s house and bring me to a 5 star hotel where they pampered me with
food. It was two days of Breakfast in
hotel, Take away Lunch (because I cannot join them shopping) and Seafood family
dinner (my favorite). My sister told me
to eat what I want since I won’t be able to eat all those after delivery. Even though most of the time I was just took
rest in the hotel room while they went for shopping, I had a great time. Talking and sharing jokes over breakfast,
lunch and dinner with them is gold for me.
Three days ago, one of my sisters and one of my nieces (my
brother’s daughter) came here to Labuan for a short holiday and of course to
visit me and my baby. My husband and I
together with our baby bring them for window shopping and some Raya
visiting. When we at home, my sister
pampered us with her cooking skills. And
the final day they here, my husband offered himself to take care of our 2
months baby and let me have fun with my sister and niece. So what else women
would do?? Shopping of course…mostly
perfumes, chocolates and some liquor for my nephew. We were having so much fun. That was the first time I was doing a women
thing after having my baby. Thanks to my
hubby.
What am I trying to convey here is I am so glad I am blessed
with my loving sisters. Because of them…life is never dull. I began as their
little sister….grew up and became their friend and now though I have got
married…I am still their friend and…always be a little sister to them. Ever the spoiled one. And my nieces…ohhh what a wonderful creature
they are. Because of them, I got a new
friend to cherish life. Their beauty, thoughtfulness and the big heart amazed
me. They are the joy to the family and I
know they will become a great and strong new generations of our family. My sisters and my nieces…all I can say is I
am so grateful to have these wonderful women in my life.
It's a nice feeling reading this post. It's written with love for women of your life. I could feel the strong bond between all of you.
ReplyDeleteNice post, sis.
Have a great weekend! :)
Blessed, that you really are. I have never had that experience, and will never have, being me. I envy you, but I am happy for you for having such wonderful sisters around.
ReplyDeleteThank you Balqis. It's good to know that I manage to convey the message well. Yes, we all bonded so strongly..bonded with love. Have a nice day to you.
ReplyDeleteIvy my friend, as we all know...we all are blessed differently. You might not have sisters like me...but certainly you must be blessed with something else that it mold you into a great person you are today. I believe in that.
ReplyDelete