![]() |
| Zalina Suria, Racheal, Ivy, Christine |
![]() |
| Ivy, Racheal, Christine, Zalina Suria |
![]() |
| Racheal, Christine, Zalina Suria, Ivy |
POETRY FOR A DEAR FRIEND
It's a blessing
When two strangers exchange names
Accepting a hand shake, spacing one heart
For one sacred bonding called...friendship
It's my silence longing
To run in those green grass again
Peeping amid those daffodils
Catching butterflies with you
Fantasize we have caught a fairy queen
And laugh at our naughtiness
Those days were the happiest
Where minds are free of burdens
And life is every days in rainbow's end
It's wonderful my friend
To have your soul to confide in
All through those bygone teenage days
Dreams seem so touchable
Secrets were well shielded
As complexity was always left ignored
It's a miracle my friend
Scattered in four corners of the world
Being morphed by the passing years
And some dreams were falling all around us
Yet here we are...undisturbed, strongly tied
It's my prayer dear friend
For us to hold on to each other
To keep the friendship aflame
All the way the cycle of our lives
For the bonding to stand the test of time
From the beginning...
Through ages....
Till we both perished.
~Christine 2005~
This post is a feedback to the post of my high school best friend ..now turn my blogger friend as well, Ivy (freeminder.blogspot.com). And the photos above were our photos captured during our high school days together with 2 other close friends of us. We called our group 'Kepala Agung' which mean 'great head'. Not because our heads were soooo great though. It just simply a word from one of our subject..Maths or Chemisty...I don't remember...hahaha. We heard the word while not concentrating on the teaching of our teacher. So, we got the word and make it our group name...and not understanding what it means....until now.
I don't want to say much....I just want to say...I really miss this moment...and these 3 friend of mine. It was a precious memories I will keep in my heart forever. You are my inspiration for this poetry.



Thank you so very much, dearest friend. And honestly, this one poem of yours I feel so closely connected...beautiful poem you have here. How come I don't remember ever reading this one though? Those memories are priceless, and forever will be in our hearts, to be our inspirations for years to come. Oh, BTW, the name was originated from Math subject...you were just confused because our Math and Chemistry teacher was the same teacher...Mr..who-was-his-name . Hehe..forgot already. Mr. Nice Chinese Guy turned bad/fierce because of our 'stunts' in class.
ReplyDeleteI am not sure why you don't remember ever reading it. Perhaps..you never indeed. Hehehhe. That Mr. Nice Chinese Guy turned bad/fierce is Mr. Yong. About those 'stunts' you mentioned..3 of you was the expert. I was a good girl remember? But, the first and the only time I made 'stunts'..I was caught in the act. hahhahaha
ReplyDeletereminiscing those old memories when we where still young..yes when life was that simple..friends who have always been there..sharing laughter and listening to our painful experiences in life..nice poem Christine..you know everytime I'm here on your site I have always this feeling of calmness..might be your template design Christine..it is so neat plus the pink colors..I love reading every post of yours.. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Sie. It's an honor to know that I managed to vibrates a little bit of sense of calmness through my blog. I agree with you...it must be the template design. I feel the calmness too. That was my purpose when designing the template design in the first place. So glad..I am succeed. :)
ReplyDeleteYa, you are right about Mr Yong. And yes, now I remember..you were the Good Girl in the Kepala Agung. Hehe...good to have someone to watch over us, though sometimes we were 'out of hands'...just couldn't handle the urge to be mischievous at times. Hehe...
ReplyDeleteYes..Good Girl aka 'skema' I was. And yes..Mischievous is the correct word for the three of you.
ReplyDeleteRecalling the wonderful days of the teens years is such a sweet moment with all the sweet memories cherished forever. Our young days come only once in our lives therefore it's worth to be reminisced. Love the poem you wrote. It's beautiful and shows your love towards your friend. It's even more wonderful being in touch with each other after years of leaving school. :)
ReplyDeleteYes Balqis. I am indeed lucky to have friends like them..and I am luckier that they don't forget me no matter how time changes us in every angle of life. The poem is my expression of how I miss them..and my hope for the friendship in the future.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading.
Nice poem for your friend. Your pics remind me of my high school days too. My friends and I have similar pics, also taken at the school garden :)
ReplyDelete