Saturday, 16 July 2011

Photo Sharing: Malaysia Water Festival

This has been delayed for quite sometime. I attend this festival last April and always wanted to share these pictures.  But, I have problems with my internet connection that time.  So, I only has the chance now.

I took all this pictures during Malaysia Water Festival that was held in Labuan, Malaysia (where I lived now) last April.  For your information, Labuan is organizing this event every year.  And this is the first time I have the opportunity to attend it after one and a half year live here. 

This festival includes a competition of Deep Sea Fishing, Beach Side Fishing, 'Kayak' , Swimming (from the island of labuan to a nearby smaller island) and many more competition.  Usually all the competition will start about 2 weeks before the closing ceremony.  And the participant was not only Malaysian but also attract some from a nearby country like Brunei.

What I can say about the festival was, it was interesting, colorful and fun (despite the hot weather).  

Beach Side Fishing Competition behind me.

The Catch of Deep Sea Fishing Competition

A view of Manjarasa Restaurant

The Winner of Deep Sea Fishing Competition (excluded me of course)

Some of the 'Kayak' participant

Dance Performance during the Closing Ceremony

Performance of Malaysian Local Artist (Stacy)

Lovely Fireworks

Another Lovely Fireworks
So, I hope you enjoy the pictures as I have enjoyed the festival itself.

Bye for now and I see you in my next post.

Until later guys!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, there is Malaysia Water festival in Labuan? Now I know. So ignorant. That looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had so much fun! Beautiful photos.I'm looking at those big fish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Veey, indeed there is. I was ignorant too..until I live here. And yes, considering this small and 'quite' island, this once a year festival is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Balqis, I don't consider the fish beautiful while taking picture with it. In fact, I was quite 'intimidated' by it. It's bigger than me. But yes, I like the picture. It's not everyday we can take picture with a big fish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine wow nice fireworks..yeheeee..and those fish are so so big..I'm glad you enjoyed..

    Morning Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Sie, credits to my cheap camera. That is the best shot of the fireworks after trying more than 20 times. :)

    Morning to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only reached KK. Labuan will be my next pit stop in the list. hehe...
    I like your pictures with the Giant' fish. Look scary.. Luckily they were dead. LOL

    ReplyDelete