Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Welcome 2014 and Farewell 2013...forever.



Hello 2014 and hello to you my blogger friends.   Ohhh…I have been neglecting my blog again.  Well…apart from busy with all the preparation for Christmas, I have to admit that I was kind of lack of inspiration lately.  But I am back now…for good hopefully. Hehehe.

Okay…first of all, talking about Christmas…I have to say Christmas this year was a bit ‘dull’ for me.  It was because I have to celebrate it all alone with only my husband and son.  Well, my ideal and favorite Christmas Celebration which means the one I enjoy most is to celebrate it with all my family members. Get together, sing Christmas carols as well as praise and worship songs and pray together on Christmas Eve.  And after that, hug each other before enjoying our Christmas eve supper together with love, joy and gratitude for His kindness. But this year, all my family members decide to spend the holiday for a vacation in Singapore and some part of Indonesia and for some reason I was not able to join them.  So after some discussion with my husband, we decide to just stay in Labuan and celebrate it as simple as possible.  So, what I did was…decorate my house with Christmas tree and lots of LED lights on the tree and around my living room area, just to give the feeling of Christmas and make some easy cookies and cakes before Christmas.  Gather my small family of three to pray and give thanks for His love, for the biggest event of His birth and have a simple dinner on Christmas eve. And during the Christmas Day, we went to Church in the morning and when we back home, I cook a few simple meals, and invite some of our close friend here for Christmas dinner.  And there goes my celebration.  Sound so easy and simple right?  Well..not exactly.  The shopping and meal preparation is quite energy draining since I do it all by myself with only my husband as an assistant.  And not forgetting my son who keep on crying for attention and wish to be picked up while I was cooking.  And that night after the Christmas dinner, I started to feel unwell. Oh yeahhh…mr.flu is coming and taking over the celebration.  Poor my in-laws who came to visit 2 days later that I was not able to entertain them properly because of the effect of the medicine I took that makes me sleepy the whole day and night.  What a celebration!!!

Anyway…it doesn’t matter. It’s okay. After all…Christmas celebration, Christmas tree…lights…Christmas party, exchange gifts and all those Santa Claus myth were just a celebration that has been commercialized for century. What’s important is to know the real meaning of Christmas…to remember one of the greatest event ever happened on earth…His Birth.  To know and be grateful that He came in the most humble way possible…to serve and to save us the sinners.  Well…I realize that with all those commercialized celebration that has been fed to us for years and years, it’s so easy to stumble.  But, I hope I have the wisdom to teach my child the real meaning of Christmas as he grows up.

Ok…enough talking.  Let me share some of my Christmas picture with you.  Err..actually most of this picture were taken during New Year’s Eve. I was so busy that I don’t have time to take pictures during Christmas itself.  Now…it was the first time I use my tripod. 

Taken during Christmas Day while we waiting for our friends for Christmas Dinner.

My Little Family...on New Year's Eve.

Another try.....

And another try....looks better...brighter.

Try to create and capture 'bokeh' behind my sleepy son.

Our Christmas Tree

Christmas Ornaments.

After many tries, these are the best picture that I have.  Still I didn't get the pictures and effect that I really dream of but, I have to be satisfied with these.  My son is already sleepy and start feeling uncomfortable being photographed.  So, I have to stop.  Maybe I will try my luck next time.



So, I guess that’s all for now.  And before I forget, I would like to wish Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014.  May this year brings you goodness and goodness only. God bless us all.  

Until next time!

8 comments:

  1. A belated Christmas Greetings and Happy New Year to you, Christine! May the spirit of new year brings lots of joy and happiness.

    You've captured colourful pictures and so beautiful. Hope to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Balqis. May you have a blessed new year too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, just like Christmas Cards. Happy New Year, dear Chris. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend. Christmas cards?? I never thought about it that way but...now you say it, mcm betul pulak. hehehe.

      Delete
  3. Hi Christine. Nice blog.

    You have a nice Xmas tree. I like the purple colour. No xmas tree set up for me last year but maybe will have one this year.

    Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose...nice to meet you. Thank you for visiting my humble blog.

      The Christmas tree is actually not purple theme. Just a combination of a few colors.

      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Christine
    I hope it's still not too late to wish you Happy New Year!
    Lama dah tak jenguk your blog. hehe...
    Your prince semakin cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samalah Zura, sayapun lama juga tak jenguk your blog. Quite busy. Jangankan your blog, my own blog pun jarang2 'ter' jenguk.

      My prince makin cute tapi..makin nakal juga. Tu yg buat susah nak jenguk blog. hahahha.

      Happy New Year jugak zura.

      Delete