![]() |
| A Sunset View..in front of my house. |
2013 has just left us.
Disappear in the horizon and flew away …far far away with the rest of
the yesteryears.
Personally, I don’t really fancy 2013. If I were asked, what I remember most about
year 2013, my answer would be…the nasty Invasion of my beloved country, Sabah
by the cruel group of people from the neighboring country. Each time I try to recall the whole incident,
what I feel…the fear..the anxiety..worries about my husband’s safety, and the
fact that I have to live with that fear all by myself night and day with only
my 8 months baby as company, it always makes me breathe deeply. It’s like I am getting through the moment all
over again. So, I just hope and pray
that, it really is over.
The other highlights for my journey on 2013 was…how I faced
and deal with everyday challenges as someone who is quite educated but just a
full time housewife. Not that I am complaining…I choose that way of life for
the sake of my love one..but, I cannot deny it’s really challenging. It was a
fifth year on my marriage and one year plus as a mom…and you know what they say
about 5th year of marriage phase? I guess there’s no need for me to
be so detail about it. If you have gone
through it, surely you know what I mean.
But if the other way round, just let time telling you. Besides, I won’t be able to explain it
accurately. And just like adding salts to wound, 2013 was a year which I found
lots of people who were so eager to judge my life and try to bring me down. Well, I am in my 30’s and I have been through
a lot in the past. I know who I am and my
capability. A silly judgment won’t easily break me…but still it hurts me
emotionally.
For those of you who had been following my blog for a long
time, you might notice that most of my post sounds like I am a happy person,
who has a bed of no thorn roses as a stage to dance at day time and bed to
sleep at night. Well, I am just an
ordinary human being…I have my high and low moment. In fact, I guess I cry more than I
laugh. But, I am trying to teach myself
to count my blessings more and complain less.
I am not sure if it’s a right thing to do but I am just tired being
miserable. So, I guess, I better choose
to be happy no matter what.
So to make a conclusion of my journey under the sky of 2013,
I must say….it just another ordinary year for me. No great event and no ‘epic’
achievement. But I am thankful that
there is no serious unwanted incident as well. And though I’ve been tested emotionally from
all angle of life, I manage to get through it without any serious damage. It's a pleasant year actually. I am thankful with all experiences it gave
me, be it good..be it bad, and value the precious lessons it imprinted unto
me. Because of it, I wake up to the
morning sun of 2014…a bit more stronger and hopefully wiser. And I hope you too
have an encouraging spirits to start the journey of the New Year.
Until Later!

Great view from home. And yes, we could never escape the 'normal' tough life this world has to offer, but to be able to survive it this far and still moving strong, forward, is an epic achievement in its own way. 5th year, well, I don't know what to say about it, maybe, not favourable, but that's life. Move on.
ReplyDeleteSo, have a great year, instead, this year, friend. God had blessed you, He will continue to bless you years in future
Great view indeed Veey. But it's not like that everyday. Just lucky to capture it.
DeleteI am surviving..and moving on just like many other people Veey. I am not sure if I can call it achievement. I just do what I think I could do to survive each passing day.
God bless you too friend.