Sunday, 12 May 2013

Celebrating Mother's Day



At last…I am illegible to celebrate Mother’s Day.  Yayyy…congrats to myself.  Hehehe.

How did you celebrate Mother’s Day?  I celebrate it as simple as it could be.  I bake my own Mother’s Day Cake, gather my husband and my 11 months son…say our prayer for blessing during dinner…hug and kiss one another and there it goes the celebrations!!!

My husband actually wanted to buy a cake for me but I refuse, since I want to have fun baking and decorating my own cake.  After all, it’s a private celebration and it is my cake so, if the cake is ended up a ‘disaster’ at least it is my own cake.  

So, needless to say…one look at the picture you’ll know it ended up a ‘disaster’.  I actually bake once in a blue moon, but this is the first time I do the decoration.  So, it is to be expected I guess.  It’s a cheese cake with crème cheese frosting, decorated with grapes…and the wording is hand written that is worse than my hand writing during primary 1.  Can you read it?  Hahahha.  Never mind that…as I said…it’s for fun!

So….no matter how you celebrate your Mother’s Day out there, It doesn’t matter.  You know you are a strong and great woman and you have the love of your children.  

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you my friend….May God bless the work of your hand, your tears and sweat be repaid with love.  And may God pour upon you wisdom in raising your children.

Happy Mother’s Day to my mother, the late Mdm Margarette Taya Kaming.  I miss you dearly Mom.
God Bless all mothers.


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, why on earth you call it a disaster? It's like a mothers day card, on a cake. Nice effort, Chris, great one. Happy mothers day to you. Every day is a mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh My Good friend...can't you see that? It looks so messy. Look at the frosting. Maybe it's not that obvious from the picture. But it looks messy I tell you. Even my husband is laughing when he sees it. Anyway, he said it taste good. Hehehe. Happy Mother's Day to you too my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then you can call it photogenic. :) Still, you are good, compared to me, in cake decorating. BTW, I thought your color is purple/violet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Good idea. Photogenic then. You make me laugh out loud Veey. My color? for what? Favorite color? Yeah...I use to like purple...but nowadays...i like so many other colors too. hehehe.

      Delete
  4. Happy Mother's Day, Christine! For sure there's so much joy in celebrating it for the very first time surrounded by your loved ones. It's a very meaningful celebration, right?

    That cake looked so yummy! I'd love to have a bite cos cheese cake is my favourite. You did a wonderful baking as the cake turned out great! No problem with the writing. What matters most is the love you put into making the celebration memorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Balqis. Actually I am a 'perantau' in this island we live now. So does my husband. So, every time there is any celebration, we always celebrate it by ourselves. Both families are far from us. So, it's always just the three of us. But it's better..it's adding to the meaning of 'meaningful'.

      And about the cake..all I can say is...'jemputlah menjamu mata'. hehehe.

      Delete
  5. Happy Mom's Day Christine!

    ReplyDelete